Award-winning writer, designer, narrative paramedic, and editor with experience in established franchises spanning multiple genres and mediums.
With an education in screenwriting and narrative theory and a passion for strong characters and innovative, interactive methods of storytelling, Cameron has been collaborating with incredible teams in the games industry for more than a decade. Beginning with the award-winning and critically acclaimed Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Cameron has contributed to the story and written for multiple high-profile AAA games in established franchises. He has also created narrative worlds for the mobile gaming space. Most recently, he was the recipient of a Writers Guild of America Award of Excellence in Videogame Writing, as one of the principal writers on the Rise of the Tomb Raider narrative team. This was his second win, and third nomination.
Available for collaboration or consultation.
– Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) - writer, narrative designer. Winner of the 2016 WGA Award for Videogame Writing
– Rise of the Tomb Raider - Baba Yaga: Temple of the Witch (2015) - writer, narrative designer.
– Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (2014) - writer, narrative designer.
– Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (2011) - writer, producer. Nominated for the 2011 WGA Award for Videogame Writing
– Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2009) - writer, producer. Winner of the 2009 WGA Award for Videogame Writing
Selected Short Fiction
– Axis Mundi (2014) - Science Fiction/Horror, FLAPPERHOUSE #1 Spring 2014. A crew of idealistic explorers discover the fate of a long lost colony ship.
– Shiva (2014) - Fiction/Slipstream, Jamais Vu: A Journal of the Strange #1 Winter 2013. A man returns home for his brother's funeral to mourn for seven strange days.
– The Blues (2013) - Horror, Pseudopod Podcast #351. Four best friends with no future try to hold on to one last day in the ruins of civilization.